Monday 21 April 2014

Oculus thoughts!

So people have been asking me what I thought about Oculus, so I thought I would just give a short summary of my opinions. Not a formal review just a musing.

So first off I thought that Karen Gillan's american accent was actually really good. I never felt like it took away from her performance at all, unlike Emma Watson in the perks of being a wallflower. Gillan was charmingly creepy at times and felt like she was the highlight along with Kate Sackhoff.

The story of a mirror that drives people mad, was to me, very interesting. The way that director Mike Fla
nagan wove this story of past and present was enthralling. It presented a horror movie story line that didn't suck. It was something new and fresh. I fucking loved it. I was never terribly scared during the movie but damn did ever bring the tension. The acting was superb and I really enjoyed the film for what it was: an intelligent horror movie that left you wondering instead of grossed out.

Since this isn't a formal review I wont score it, but I would recommend it to anyone looking for a horror movie with some wit.

No comments:

Post a Comment